The Council of Canadian Academies (CCA) is looking for an
experienced and collaborative leader to join our team of diverse professionals
committed to supporting evidence-informed policy and practice in Canada.
The CCA convenes the best experts in their respective fields
to assess the evidence on complex topics of public interest to inform
decision-making in Canada. We engage experts in an assessment process that is
guided and supported by professional staff and produce high-quality reports
designed to strengthen policy and practice by providing decision makers with
the best-available evidence.
CCA assessment topics reflect policy diversity facing
Canadians in health, energy, public safety, climate, and innovation, among
others. Assessments draw on evidence from the natural, social, and health
sciences as well as engineering and the humanities.
The Project Director reports to the Director of Assessments
and is responsible for leading all aspects of the CCA assessment projects.
- Direct the conduct of assessment projects and
research teams in accordance with CCA policies, practices, and guidelines
- Build and maintain expert panels that are
capable of undertaking assessments
- Provide leadership on content development under the
guidance of expert panels
- Lead, support and coach research staff
- Maintain CCA core principles of independence,
objectivity and quality
- Collaborate with communication staff on
dissemination and knowledge mobilization activities
- At least 10 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing multi-disciplinary
- Proven relationship- and consensus-building skills
- Expertise in one or more areas of the sciences
broadly defined (natural, social or health sciences; law; engineering; or the humanities)
- Experience in and/or knowledge of Canadian public
- Ability to synthesize complex discussions,
documentation, and literature into a clear and consistent narrative
- Excellent oral/written communication skills (bilingualism
a strong asset)
- A post-graduate or professional degree
This position will be based in Ottawa
Please email your
resume and a cover letter by April 14th explaining your response
to the following four questions in 500 words or less to email@example.com.
- Why are you interested in this position with the
- What are your long-term career goals, and how
will this experience with CCA contribute to meeting those goals?
- What strengths and areas of expertise would you
bring this position??
- What else would you like us to know about you?
CCA is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion.