Location: Ottawa, ON (hybrid)
The Council of Canadian Academies (CCA) is looking for a creative science communicator and collaborative content creator to join our team of diverse professionals committed to supporting evidence-informed policy in Canada.
The CCA convenes the best experts in their respective fields to assess the evidence on complex topics of public interest to inform decision-making in Canada. We produce high-quality, bilingual reports designed to inform policy by providing decision makers with the best-available evidence. The communication specialist enhances the impact of that work through the planning and creation of cross-platform communication products – from research summaries to infographics to videos. They also support broad mobilization and uptake of CCA reports among key audiences through strategic outreach activities
The communication specialist reports to the Director of Communications, but actively participates as a member of multiple project teams.
- Support the development, implementation and evaluation of the CCA corporate and expert panel report communication strategies
- Stay up-to-date on communication trends and best practices and proactively identify emerging strategic communications opportunities for the CCA
- Contribute to the production of a variety of communication materials including print, digital and social media
- Provide communication advice and support to research teams
- Work with subject matter experts to create and develop engaging content that showcases the findings and insights from CCA reports
- Plan and execute strategic outreach activities designed to reach target audiences and increase awareness and uptake of CCA reports.
- Produce communications products related to assessments (research summaries, infographics, videos) across a variety of platforms
- Build and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with key internal and external partners
- Maintain CCA core principles of independence, objectivity and quality
- Provide administrative support to the Communications Director, including drafting correspondence and organizing meetings, when required
- At least three years of relevant experience
- Strong writing skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team of multidisciplinary professionals
- Expertise in creating accessible, evidence-based content across a variety of platforms
- Proficiency using multimedia content creation tools (Microsoft Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Lumen5)
- Demonstrated understanding of social media principles and practices
- Experience in project planning and management
- Superior attention to detail
- A university degree (graduate degree preferred)
- Bilingualism (French/English) strongly preferred
Please send your CV, a cover letter and three writing / content samples to email@example.com on or before August 14, 2022.
The CCA is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Please contact us in confidence and provide notice in advance if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process.
This is a hybrid position and while in-office work is required, the incumbent will have flexibility to balance remote and on-site work.
The salary range for this position will be provided in advance to candidates invited for an interview.
- Defined-benefit pension plan (HOOPP)
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care and dental benefits
- Paid time off, including office closure between Christmas and New Year’s
Cette annonce peut être vue en français à l’adresse : https://www.rapports-cac.ca/nous-embauchons-specialiste-en-communications/